We are a group of students and alumni who have worked to create an organization, which implores the student population to work together with the community to help strengthen the refugee & immigrant population through unity and integration.
I. To provide a sustainable structure of integration for refugees and immigrants in Canada.
II. Offering support for students and their families as well as the Montreal community as a whole.
III. Supporting the community and particularly students through various mediums, not limited to any one particular sector of aid.
I. Provide resources for displaced refugees to access, a place of habitation, access to education, and the right of immigration according to Canadian Law.
II. Develop policy both domestically and nationally regarding refugees and related issues.
III. Work hand in hand with local and international organizations to promote and enhance the lives of incoming refugees in Canada.
IV. Create and enhance the economic situation of refugees in Canada by promoting economic integration through grants and refugee run initiatives.
V. Raise funds and receive contributions where appropriate to finance the work of the Centre.
VI. Publicize and promote the work of the Centre.
VII. Assist refugees with banking and insurance procedures.
VIII. Create housing alternatives and initiatives to aid in housing the refugee/immigrant population. Organize meetings, training courses and events.
IX. Work with similar groups and exchange information.
X. Create different support outlets that economically and socially aid the student population in Montreal at large.
XI. Build business development programs or centres to help strengthen the student population as well as the community including, and not limited to, business accelerators and incubators.
XII. Take any action that is lawful, which would help it to fulfill its aims.
What We hope to Achieve
- Create jobs for students, refugees, and immigrants.
- Provide a wide variety of services for all incoming and existing refugees in Montreal, with high contribution from our student population.
- Empower socially/economically the refugee and immigrant population.
- Create legal resources and job banks for refugees and immigrants to use whenever needed.
- Create and build educational resources for refugees and immigrants.
- Create affordable housing for students.
- Lobby and build relations with both the Provincial and Federal government to further aid the existing and incoming refugee population, as well as the large number of undocumented refugees in Canada.
Current Board Members
Current Staff, Teachers & Active Volunteers
- Sila Unver
- Chirne Mansour
- Sacha Khoury
- Me Pierre-Luc Bouchard
- Shayan M.
- Abdullah Daoud
- Maja N.
- Mohammed M.